Day 1: Video
Day 2: Textbook Reading (10 minutes--be through page 13 by Monday, March 2), Bird Beak Adaptations
Day 3: Textbook Reading (10 minutes), Characteristics of Life: Venus Fly Trap, Nonliving vs. Living
Day 4: Article Summary (Meet in the Library--due Wednesday, March 4)
*Note: Physical Science only has three days this week due to i2i activities on Monday and Tuesday. Half of the 8th graders participate on Monday while the other half participate on Tuesday. This means that Monday and Tuesday are both "Day 1".
Day 1: Textbook Reading (15 minutes--working on DYOE Reading Journal), Types of Energy Review
Day 2: Textbook Reading (15 minutes), Pressure WS, Intro Newton's Laws, Vector WS
Day 3: Quiz 11 (Types of Energy), DYOE Experiment Day
Notes for Physical Science
Here is the timeline for our current DYOE:
- This week: Experiments completed before Day 3, Day 3 is a day to work on finishing the packet and required figures (Make them beautiful and you won't have to make new ones for your report or poster later!
- Next week: Worksheet pages of packet should be finished by Day 1 (March 2nd), Day 1 will be used to finish all required figures, packet due Friday, March 6th.
Here is the timeline for our DYOE Reading Journal:
- This week: Quiet reading for 15 minutes during class two days (Day 1 & Day 2).
- Next week: Quiet reading for 15 minutes during class three days (Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3). If DYOE Packet is completed, you may also use time during our DYOE time on Day 1 (Monday, March 2.)
- March 9-13: Quiet reading for 15 minutes during class three days (Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3). Packet due Friday, March 13th.